Names: Marie Cecile(MAFLE, MASL, MADS, Phd candidate DS) Uwihanganye
My areas of research interests concern all development sectors, cross cutting issues included. Development sectors are mainly: agriculture, transport, education, social protection, health, urbanization, financial sector, private sector, energy, environment and natural resources, natural resources, ICT, justice reconciliation law and order (JRLO), water and sanitation, youth, public finance management (PFM) whereby environment and natural resources, ICT and gender are cross cutting areas.
I’m currently focusing on social protection and economic development emphasizing on social development in Rwanda. My goal is to determine the relationship between social protection and social development. To promote the saving level of Rwandan household, the Government of Rwanda has set a target of achieving a gross national savings of 18% of GDP to attain a gross national investment target of 30% of GDP by 2018. (MINECOFIN, 2008). In addition, the number of non-bank formal financial institution (such as Umurenge SACCO) has been considerably increased to facilitate the savings and access to credit for even the poor people. However there is still a low level of private savings, while there is a high demand for loans and the great number of loans requested by Rwandan household is for consumption not for investment.
Previously, I focused on education sector putting emphasis on the contribution of gender balance to the women enrolment in high education in Rwanda. Holding two masters of languages I supervised many topics related the languages development and I’m still interested in some of them collaborating with colleagues. As member of KP research committee, I participated in elaboration of KP guide lines of research. I was also the facilitator in elaboration of the District Development Plan for EDEPRS II (2013-2018) for Nyamagabe District for the period of 2012.
- MUKANTAGANZWA V., 2015- Teenager‘s sexual education and unwanted pregnancies in nine year basic education schools, Case study of Kanjongo Sector (2014-2015).
- NYIRAHABIMANA J.,2016- Contribution of the women writers to the culture of reading in High Education , Case study of KP: 2014-2016
- MUKAYITESI E., 2016- Learning foreign languages and business communication in today’s world. Case study of Kamembe.
- BIBUTSUHOZE E.,- 2015- The role of audio lessons on English pronunciation, Case study of GS Gitabura in Tumba sector.
- NZABAKIRANA E.,- 2016- The role of multimedia in teaching-learning English at primary school, Case study of Shangi Sector.
- MALIKIDOGO D.,- 2016- Jagon of the students and academic writing language in secondary school in Rwanda. Case study of Groupe scolaire Ruheru A (2013-2015)
- NSENGIYUMVA E.,- 2016- Culture of reading and performance in writing skills of pupils of primary schools, Case study: Shangi sector. Period of 2015.
- KAYIGEMA R.,- 2016- Role of teaching texts and communicative competence in Karengera sector, Case study: GS Nyarusange. Period: 2014-2015.
- IRANZI N.,-2016-Absenteeism and success of students of secondary schools in Languages, Case study of Bugarama secondary school in Muganza sector, Rusizi District. Period 2014-2016.
- UWIMANA B. 2015-School workload and students ‘performance in French, case study of schools located in Ruharambuga.
- NTIRUGIRIMBABAZI P.,-2015 Role of gender policy on Girl drop out reduction in nine years basic Education, Case study of Rangiro sector, Nyamasheke district (2011, September 2015).
- HARERIMANA J.D., 2016 -French as supplementary subject in O level and advanced level pupils’ performance in literary option.
- MUGABO M. J.,2016-the role of conflict analysis and thematic study to the culture of peace building in the president’s daughter by Rajohnson, a ghanaian movie case study: students of A level
Works on going supervision (2016-2017)
- HAKIZIMANA D., 2017- The entrepreneurship education and economic development in Nyamasheke district ,Case study: Karambi and Kirimbi sectors. Period: 2014-2016
- NGAYABAHUNGA A. 2017- -Methodology and reading skills in French language, “case study: G.s.st François Xavier Rwinzuki” 2015- 2016
- NYIRAZANINKA D., 2017- Contribution of English for specific purpose (ESP) on student’s communicative skills, Case study: GS Gisakura.
- MUSABIYINGABIRE M. L., 2017- Faced common mistakes of English and French in composition and students’ performance in English language; a comparative socio-linguistic study in secondary schools of Rwanda, a case study of GS St Paul de Tyazo, Period of 2013-2016
- USENGIMANA J. P., 2017- Classroom size and academic student’s performance in Kinyarwanda in lower primary schools of Kamonyi district, Case study: ES. Karama, period: 2016
- UWAMAHORO M. C., 2017 Comparative study between the use of improvised and the first hand teaching aids in students academic performance for Kinyarwanda language, Case study of GS St Dominique de Mutongo. period: 2016
- NGERAGEZE V., 2017-Effects of environment to increase students’ knowledge of French language in secondary schools case study: Macuba sector , period: 2012-2015
- HABYARIMANA R. Effect of English debate in encouraging students ‘speaking competence case study: G.S Muramba ,period: 2017
- USABYUWERA Ph., 2017- Contribution of inclusive education in eradication of discrimination of people with disabilities in secondary schools; case study G.S. Mukoma, period of 2014-2017